Sunday, September 28, 2008

ramandan pt 2

The second half of Ramandan has been just as good as the first. Last weekend a bunch of us took a boat to an island and had a great time getting a bit fried on the beach. It was a nice relaxing over night get away. Not that Ramandan is stressful but its nice to have some time with a bunch of the other female PCVs. We did have one guy with and he did very well with all the girl talk that was going on.

I can't remember if I mentioned last time that I got my hair braided. Well its still in... sort of. I took out all 167 little elastics and tied the braids into a pony tail which is slowly unraveling itself.

Thursday is Korité here and I will take off for Kedougou the day after to help at a camp down there. Not really looking forward to the long trip down but it should be a good experience.

I've started some new exercises that I am enjoying. I got them out of a couple magazines that my wonderful sister, Kelly, gave me. Trying to keep fit here is a bit tough right now since its so hot you don't want to go out and run or walk.

Ohhh I've also started Salsa lessons with my sitemate, Laura. They are a lot of fun. We are learning a Senegalese style which according to the teacher is more advanced then the basic steps. We've had two lessons so far and have gotten some of the movements down. Its fun to just start practicing them when your doing things like brushing your teeth.

ok need to go. ciao.

No comments: